A sneak peek at Hong Kong’s newest wine bar.
Wyndham Street gets a taste of California in January with the opening of new wine bar California Vintage.
You’ve no doubt seen the hoarding 3 shops down from Divino in Soho and have been wondering what it’s all about. From what we understand, California Vintage will open its first – and flagship – wine bar in Hong Kong in January and then expand 20 outlets in China, Singapore, Taiwan and Korea.
But not all of Napa and Sonoma will be available as California Vintage is working with 22 Californian family-owned wineries and will have 80 wines for tasting; half-pour and full-glass with tasty Californian food.
UPDATE: California Vintage have just sent us the artist renderings of what the venue will look like:
For the tech savvy wine lover: CV will have iPads filled with wine information, videos and pairing ideas. For the socializer: there will be sommelier-hosted lunches and winemaking seminars.
The partner wineries list is as follows:
- Acorn Winery (Russian River Valley)
- Anaba (Sonoma Valley)
- Bonneau Wines (Sonoma Valley)
- Cass Winery (Paso Robles)
- Chentella Winery (Central Coast/Sierra Foothills)
- Fleury Winery (Napa Valley)
- Fritz Winery (Dry Creek Valley/Russian River/Sonoma Coast)
- Golden Gate Wine Co. (Multiple California)
- Hope Family Wines (Paso Robles)
- Kachina Vineyards (Dry Creek Valley)
- Lange Twins Winery & Vineyards (Lodi)
- Peachy Canyon Winery (Paso Robles)
- R&B Cellars (Multiple California)
- Rock Wall Wine Company (Multiple California)
- RustRidge Winery (Napa Valley)
- Sand Hill at Durell Vineyards (Carneros)
- Silver Mountain Vineyards (Santa Cruz Mountains/Santa Lucia Highlands)
- Stuhlmuller Winery (Alexander Valley)
- Thomas Fogarty Winery (Santa Cruz Mountains/Central Coast)
- Three Wine Company (Russian River/Contra Costa)
- Tierra Roja/Mellowood (Napa Valley/Fair Play)
- Venge Vineyards (Napa Valley)
- Yorba Wines (Amador County)
Not your usual list of California wine suspects (What? No Mario Andretti?) With a seating capacity of 60 people and a launch date in the second week of January, we think the California wine scene in Hong Kong is ready to grow! Stay tuned here for more info when it opens.
So, here’s the artist’s rendering of the space at 77 Wyndham Street. It looks to have that Californian rustic look – a great space and a great location to enjoy some California wines:
More photos/impressions as they approach their launch date.